The Pacific Laser Systems PLS-4 can help make onsite layouts faster. PLS 4 Laser Level is a professional and low-cost precision laser.
This laser level is equipped with a crisp and bright laser beam that is cross line accurate to 1/8” at 30 feet and point-to-point accurate to 1/4" at 100 feet.
The PLS 4 Laser utilizes high quality optical glass. It also has a dirt resistant case and is very thrifty with its power supply making it reliable in any construction site.
PLS 4 Laser Review Summary
- Cross Line Accuracy: ±1/8” at 30 feet
- Point-to-Point Accuracy: ±1/4” at 100 feet
- Dimensions: 2” x 2.5” x 4-3/8”
- Leveling Range: ±6 Degrees
- Operating Time: +25 hours continuous with single beam; 12.5 hours with both beams
- Weight: 16 oz. (including batteries)
- Power Supply: 3 AA batteries (alkaline or rechargeable)
- Working Range: ±100 feet (outdoor with detector)
- Warranty: 3 years
The Pacific Laser System PLS-4 has been developed with features that will make the life of a contractor relatively easier.
The combination of horizontal-vertical axes plumb points make for faster onsite layouts.
Key features of Pacific Laser System PLS-4 are:
- The light source is a semiconductor laser diode, 635-670nm with a working range of ±100 feet outdoors while using the detector.
- The PLS 4 has a cross line accuracy of ± 1/8” at 30 feet and a point-to-point accuracy of ± 1/4” at 100 feet.
- The leveling range is up to 6 degrees and it is self-leveling which is a useful feature to ensure the precision of the construction.
- It has the operating time of up to 25 hours with continuous use of a single beam and up to 12.5 hours with continuous use of both beams.
- It is water resistant although it is NOT submersible.
- It has the operating temperature of 0°F to 122°F (-18°C to 50°C) and a storage temperature of -40°F to 158°F (-40°C to 70°C).
- This laser level only weighs 16 oz. (0.45kg) which includes the 3 AA battery. Its dimensions are 2” x 2.5” x 4-3/8”.
- Its power source is 3 AA batteries (alkaline or rechargeable).
- The PLS-4 also utilizes a light indicator which reads as follows:
- Green light: On
- Red light: Exceeds tilt
- Amber light: Battery low
- Flashing: pulse beam-lines
Pros and Cons
- Automatic leveling up to 6 degrees
- Combination of vertical and horizontal beams
- LED light indicator
- Uses standard batteries (3 AA batteries)
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
- Compact and Accurate
- Thrifty consumption of power source
- Laser beam may not be strong enough to be seen in bright light or outdoors
- Operating manual needs to be revised
Benefits of using PLS 4 Laser
PLS 4 laser has combined horizontal-vertical axes plumb points, thus replacing traditional layout methods in exchange for faster onsite layouts.
By using this level, its operator will save time and money in laying out fixtures, walls, and cabinetry.
The up and down points of the laser make checking plumb on doorways and windows effortless with its two bright reference points.
Accuracy is not a problem in using the PLS 4 laser system as it assures its user that installing objects like photographs, wall hangings and cabinets will not need to be redone.
Leveling floors, counters, and cabinets has been made easy with the utilization of horizontal and vertical laser beams.
It uses its power source thriftily as it lasts for 25 hours with continuous use of a single beam and lasts for 12.5 hours with continuous use of both beams.
For people who have yet to own a laser level, this PLS laser is a nice choice as it is a professional and very affordable alignment tool that is very easy to use. It can save you time spent on a job, making for a very efficient tool.
For maximum performance, the PLS-4 laser level comes with a complete set of accessories which includes: a laser unit, a laser pouch, a magnetic wall bracket, an operating manual, carrying case, batteries, and floor stand and also an SLD Laser Detector used for exterior projects.
See also:Accessories Needed For A Laser Level
Using Tips for PLS 4 Laser
Since the PLS 4 laser level includes 3 AA batteries, the user can test it as soon as you open the box.
Consulting the operating manual included will be helpful in using the PLS-4 to ensure the correct usage of the product.
- It is recommended that you check your level regularly in order to assure its accuracy.
- In checking the level lines, it is advised to use two interior walls that are 15 feet apart.
- Although it is said that the tool is water-resistant, it is best not to get it wet as it is not submersible in liquids.
Pacific Laser Systems PLS 4: Yes or No?
If you are still in doubt whether the PLS 4 laser is for you, ask anybody who has been able to use it for their work.
Due to its self-leveling feature and its utilization of both horizontal and vertical beams and also the plumb beams, the PLS 4 laser system makes the job faster and easier.
This tool is economical both in expenses and also in time. If versatility and precision is a necessity, you can never go wrong with choosing this PLS laser.
See also:Best Laser Level Comparison