Looking for a laser level that is compact, versatile, accurate, and user-friendly?
If so, your search is over because the Dewalt DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is all of that.
This laser level projects bright vertical and horizontal lines that cross with each other for various leveling and layout applications. It is designed to be used with the DW0892 line laser detector to extend its range up to 165 feet.
Since the Dewalt DW088K only has 2 buttons to operate the horizontal and vertical laser beams, it is not complicated to use. The laser beams are bright and accurate to not only get the job done but get the job done right.
Dewalt DW088K Review Summary
DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
- Accuracy: 1/8 inch at 30 feet
- Laser Class: 2, <1mW
- Number of beams: 2
- Visibility: 50 feet
- Range with Detector: 165 feet
- IP Rating: IP54
- Self-leveling range: ±4 degrees
- Power supply: 3 AA Batteries
- Bulb Voltage: 4.5V
- Warranty: 3 years
- Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 9.2” X 4.5” X 9.5”
Special Features Help Improve Your Work
Installed with features that will improve the consistency of the work being produced, the Dewalt DW088K laser level is ideal for amateurs and professionals that will have to deal with different applications.
Some special features of Dewalt Laser Level DW088K are:
- The self-leveling is up to 4 degrees surface angle
- Has an automatic out of level indication that marks a leveled line in seconds
- Has a built-in magnetic pivot bracket that mounts easily on metal surfaces
- This self-leveling cross line laser is accurate to ±1/8 inch at 30 feet
- The over-molded housing and thick glass shields the tool and also maintaining its calibration under harsh conditions in a construction site
- Included in with DEWALT DW088K Cross Line Laser is a kit box that protects the unit and helps maintain calibration when stored
- 3 AA batteries are included and provide more than 20 hours of continuous usage
- It has a 2 button operation and low battery indication for easier use
Pros and Cons
Just like with any product, this self leveling laser level has its advantages and disadvantages when compared to other brands and models that are being used for the same purposes. The number of advantages that Dewalt DW088K Laser Level presents have much to say about its competition in the market.
- Automatic leveling up to 4 degrees
- 2 button operation for easier manipulation
- Flashing indicator for battery
- Bright and accurate indoors
- Utilizes standard batteries (3AA Batteries)
- IP54 water and debris resistance
- Laser may not be bright enough to be seen clearly when used outdoors
Benefits of Using DEWALT DW088K
The DEWALT DW088K has been highly acclaimed for its accuracy and versatility. Many of its users have experienced its benefits first hand.
- The self-leveling feature is very accurate and fast
- Can be used for leveling and laying out of cabinets, staircases, floor and wall tiles
- Has a pulse mode that can allow its user to use the DW0892 line laser detector when its laser has low visibility
- Can easily be mounted to any surface with its built-in magnetic pivot
- Easy to power up as it utilizes 3 AA batteries for its power supply
- Batteries last up to 20 hours for longer working time
- Weighs only 3.2 pounds and is measured 9.2” x 4.5” x 9.5” which makes it compact
- IP54 water and debris resistant which makes it very durable when at work in the project location
- Can be used for either indoor or outdoor projects
With all of these benefits, you can rest assure that this DW088K Cross Line Laser Level is the right one for you. This will make the job of a home builder simpler and almost effortless.
Using Tips for Dewalt DW088K
This device includes 3 AA batteries so that the user can test the calibration as soon as the item is delivered to them. Since this device is relatively easy to use, here are a few tips that can help with handling the DW088K.
- The flashing indicator shows that the battery is low and is in need of changing
- There are 2 buttons that will control each of the beams (horizontal and vertical) to turn them on or off
- There is a strong magnet on the side of device so that you can mount it on almost any surface without any problems arising
DEWALT DW088K Cross Line Laser Level: Worth it?
The DEWALT DW088K has been voted as one of the best cross line lasers that are currently in the market. With its accuracy and versatility, it has become popular with numerous contractors and it has not disappointed yet.
Many other people have said that this is a great product which increased their productivity. As it is a reliable tool when it comes to the job site, it seems to be more than worth your money and your time.
If you are looking to improve your productivity on the job site, the Dewalt DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is for you.
Read more reviews on Dewalt laser levels: